Thursday, June 26, 2008

typhoon experience

Friday. June 20,2008. Typhoon "Frank" hits our island at around 3 p.m., at first it was just signal number 1, but eventually turned into number 3.Apprehensions flood my mind as the storm brought down heavy downpours and very strong winds. We were covering the windows with heavy blankets just to fend off splashes of water and laid out on the floor rags and old clothes to absorb the rainwater that has finally seeped in.At around 7 p.m. the wind grew stronger and trashings and poundings grew louder and louder. Our house being the tallest in the neighborhood almost had all the beatings of the storm. It lasted until the wee hours of the morning, the longest that I've witnessed so far. By the morning, the intensity of the damage spread before our eyes. Whew! It was another "Super bagyo" experience.My 3rd on this island.There was no power for one week. Thank God me and my family were safe.