Sunday, October 12, 2008

Web acronyms

A comprehensive A-Z list of abbreviations, acronyms and slang words as used on the internet and in mobile phone text messages.
# 2L8
Too late
# 2U2
To You Too
# 4GM
Forgive me
# 4RL?
For Real?
# AAMOF
As A Matter Of Fact
# AAR
At Any Rate
# AAYF
As Always, Your Friend
# AFN
that's All For Now
# AISB
As I Said before
# AISI
As I See it
# AOTA
All Of The Above
# ASAP
As Soon as Possible
# ASL
Age, Sex, Location?
# ASLP
Age, Sex, Location, Picture?
# ATM
At The Moment
# AWA
As Well As
# B/C
Because
# B4
Before
# B4N
Bye For Now
# BAC
Back At Computer
# BBL
Be Back Later
# BBS
Be Back Soon
# BCNU
Be Seeing You
# BD
Big Deal
# BF
Boyfriend
# BFN
Bye For Now
# BOT
Back On Topic
# BR
Best Regards
# BRB
Be Right Back
# BRH
Be Right Here
# BTA
But Then Again....
# BTW
By The Way
# CMIIW
Correct Me If I'm wrong.
# CU
See You
# CUL
See You Later.
# CUL8R
See You Later
# CWYL
Chat With You Later.
# CYA
See Ya
# DIKU
Do I Know You?

# DIY
Do It Yourself
# DL
Download
# E2EG
Ear To Ear Grin
# EM
E-Mail
# EMA
E-mail Address
# EOD
End Of Discussion
# EOF
End Of File
# EOL
End Of Lecture
# EOM
End Of Message
# EOS
End Of Show
# EOT
End Of Thread (i.e. end of discussion)
# EZ
Easy
# F2F
Face To Face
# FAQ
Frequently Asked Question
# FC
Fingers Crossed
# FCOL
For Crying Out Loud
# FIFO
First In First Out
# FOAF
Friend Of A Friend
# FOC
Free Of Charge
# FYI
For Your Information
# G
Grin
# G2G
Gotta go
# GA
Go Ahead
# GAL
Get A Life
# GF
Girlfriend
# GFN
Gone For Now
# GG
Good Game
# GGN
Gotta Go Now
# GGOH
Gotta Get Outta Here
# GIGO
Garbage In, Garbage Out
# GJ
Good Job
# GL
Good Luck
# GM
Good Move
# GR
Gotta Run
# GR8
Great
# GTG
Got To Go
# GTR
Got To Run
# GTRM
Going To Read Mail
# H
Hug
# H&K
Hugs and Kisses
# H/O
Hold On
# HAGD
Have A Good Day
# HAGO
Have A Good One
# HAK
Hugs And Kisses
# HAND
Have A Nice Day
# HB
Hug Back
# HB
Hurry Back
# HF
Have Fun
# HH
Ha-Ha
# HH
Holding Hands
# HHOJ
Ha Ha, Only Joking
# HHOK
Ha Ha, Only Kidding
# HHVF
Ha-ha, Very Funny
# HOAS
Hold On A Second
# HTH
Hope That Helps
# IAC
In Any Case
# IAE
In Any Event
# IB
I'm Back
# IB2D
I Beg To Differ
# IC
I See
# ICQ
I Seek You.
# IDGAD
I Don't Give A Damn.
# IDGI
I Don't Get It
# IDK
I Don't Know
# IDTS
I Don't Think So
# IIRC
If I Remember Correctly
# IK
I Know
# IKWUM
I Know What You Mean
# ILU
I Love You
# ILY
I Love You
# IM
Instant Message
# IME
In My Experience
# IMHO
In My Humble Opinion
# IMO
In My Opinion
# INPO
In No Particular Order
# IOH
I'm Outta Here
# ITA
I Totally Agree
# IYO
In Your Opinion
# JK
Just Kidding
# JAM
Just A Minute.
# JAS
Just A Second
# JIC
Just In Case
# K
OK
# KIR
Keepin' It Real
# KISS
Keep It Simple, Stupid
# KIT
Keep In Touch
# L
Laugh
# L8R
Later
# LMK
Let Me Know
# LOL
Laughing Out Loud
# LTNS
Long Time No See
# LTR
Long term relationship
# LY
Love You
# LYK
Let you know
# LYL
Love You Lots
# M8
Mate
# ME2
Me Too
# MTFBWY
May The Force Be With You
# MYOB
Mind Your Own Business
# N/C
Not Cool
# NBD
No Big Deal
# NE1
Anyone
# NFW
No F****** Way
# NIMBY
Not In My Back Yard
# NLT
No later than...
# NM
Nevermind
# NO1
No-one
# NOYB
None Of Your Business
# NP
No Problem
# NRN
No Reply Necessary
# NT
No Thanks
# NTL
NeverTheLess
# NW
No Way
# OAO
Over And Out
# OIC
Oh, I See
# OJ
Only Joking
# OK
Only Kidding
# OL
the Old Lady
# OM
the Old Man
# OMG
Oh My Gosh
# OT
Off Topic
# OTC
Over The Counter
# OTW
On The Way

PLZ
Please
# POV
Point Of View
# PPL
People
# QT
Cutie
# RFC
Request For Comment
# RL
Real Life
# ROFL
Rolling On Floor Laughing
# ROTF
Rolling On The Floor (laughing is implied)
# ROTFL
Rolling On The Floor Laughing
# ROTFLOL
Rolling On The Floor Laughing Out Loud
# RSN
Real Soon Now
# RU
aRe yoU?
# RUOK
Are You OK?
# S/B
Should Be
# SLY
Still Love You
# SMS
Short Message Service
# SN
Screen Name
# SO
Significant Other
# SOS
Someone Special
# SOTA
State Of The Art
# SPST
Same Place, Same Time
# STR8
Straight
# STW
Search The Web
# SY
Sincerely Yours
# SYL
See You Later
# THX
Thanks
# TIA
Thanks In Advance
# TM
Text Message
# TNT
'Til Next Time
# TNX
Thanks
# TVM
Thanks Very Much
# TWIMC
To Whom It May Concern
# TY
Thank You
# TYVM
Thank You Very Much
# U2
You Too
# UR
You aRe
# UR
Your
# UW
yoU're Welcome
# W/
With
# W/E
Whatever
# W/O
Without
# W2F
Way Too Funny
# W8
Wait
# W8AM
Wait A Minute
# WB
Welcome Back
# WC
WelCome
# XOXOXO
Hugs And Kisses
# Y
Why?
# YBS
You'll Be Sorry
# YL
Young Lady
# YM
Young Man
# YR
Yea, Right.
# YRG
You Are Good!
# YVW
You're Very Welcome
# ZZZ
Sleepy, bored or tired

Source:
Tell a friend about WebAcronyms.com - Sitemap

© 2002-2008 WebAcronyms.com

No comments: